- first i download this debian installer mini.iso
- i dont burn it. coz, i cant use the cd drive anymore.
- extract 2 files from the iso into (say) c:\debinst: linux and initrd.gz
- edit c:\menu.lst and add this:
title install debian kernel /debinst/linux acpi=off initrd /debinst/initrd.gz
- on boot, choose grub. then choose install debian
- that's it. i install debian (again!)
- first, you need to install grub on ntfs.
- instead of getting the mini.iso, we can directly get the linux and initrd.gz images from debian installer or ubuntu installer
- also check additional debian installer boot parameters
- see also: debian minimal desktop installation guide
tips & tricks on computers and gadgets
denny on IT ; let's doIT
documenting the brain