So, i get the latest beta and install it. Lucky me I dont need to remove my current version to have this beta runs.
What's new junk:
- large graphics ads
- navigation menu graphics too big
- only half screen contain real usefull content
- painfully slow, maybe because it's java
- from startup welcome screen to usable apps menu takes about 30seconds on n6630
- need at least 6 meg free ram to start
- with almost 7meg free ram still unable to run screensnap to take screenshot
- all the sport, finance, news, photo that you do not need (yet) gets downloaded eat up too much bytes that counted to your bill
- search, email, and almost everything elses is slow. Much slower than old ygo. Almost unusable.
all my most favorite features, the top reason i use ygo is now gone
good stuffs removed from old version:
- no more sync. no contact, no calendar, and no task sync
- offline email archives. If you want to read mail, you need to get connected
- yahoo photo replaced by flickr
Well... One good thing is that it didnt replace the great old ygo i have.
i cant see anything usefull. At least not for me.
Original review @ http://tips.DennyHalim.com
I guess Yahoo! will release localized version of Yahoo! Go with more local contents in the future.
still. i dont want any of those content loaded before i need it.
sometimes, i just want to read mail and then out. when i get in to read mail, it also download all those 'junk' that i do not read.
sometimes, i just want to see weather, but it also download my mail, news, etc...
that IS the problem.
Btw, how do you fetch news from Kompas? They don't support RSS/Atom, do they?
About fetching all the contents automatically, I agree this is still expensive for users who don't have WiFi or flat-rate data plan. There should be an option to disable that. You can send your feed back to Yahoo! Go team and hope that they will implement this in the final version... :)
i rather suggesting stop developing current ygo 2 beta. and start improving the old ygo for better sync features and to also sync notes, bookmark, etc...
that would be the real ygo, for me.
the ygo 2 beta, imho, is just a customized web browser. most of what it does better than a browser like opera/mini do.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe wants